Monday, March 8, 2010

So many beers and it's only Lundi

Today's beer: Altitude 6 Blonde

The weekend is over and Brussels becomes revived as EU bureaucrats, reluctant expats, students and native Belgians begin their week. The streets may be strewn with beer cans and white garbage bags, school age kids slunk to the bus and stores get ready to open after being closed as usual on Sunday. I was up for most of the night with a dry hacking cough hoping that each coughing fit would not wake the baby up. To relax my diaphram I thought of which beer I would sample today. Eventually I drifted off to sleep.

At 11am, my husband rang me worried that the blog was not updated since last night. I told him it is 11am and I would not drink any alcohol before I had a couple cups of strong coffee besides I have a baby to take care of. However, it is past 7:30pm, the baby is safely tucked into her crib and my time is now mine. Before I can enjoy anything, I sweep up the crumbs from some baby biscuit and pick up some tissue bits from a napkin the baby joyously ripped up. I now open my tiny European fridge and choose a beer. I decided to choose Altitude 6, a pretty obscure blond beer with 6% alcohol content.

To my sophisticated palate, the beer has an extremely bitter aftertaste. I also saw a quite a bit of sediment or floaties. At first I thought maybe my glass was dirty so I poured some more beer from the bottle into another glass and saw more floaties. So it is safe to say, this beer has quite a bit of sediment. Sediment or not, the beer is not a favorite of mine. However, since taste is purely subjective, I would still recommend a gulp if you ever have the opportunity.


Check out the website at http://www.abbaye-des-rocs.com/ for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment